Friday, September 21, 2018

REVIEW: Peppermint Mocha Murder

The Peppermint Mocha Murder
Author: Colette London

When I saw the title of this cozy mystery, I just had to read it! Peppermint Mocha. My all time favorite flavored coffee drink. I wait every year for the holiday season just so I can get it at Starbucks! Coffee of the Gods!

I love foodie cozies....so this series is right up my alley. The main character, Hayden Munday Moore, is a chocolate expert. She lends her expertise to companies wanting to develop the best chocolate dishes. Restaurants, bakeries, candy makers, special events.....her services are in high demand all over the world.  This time Hayden is travelling to Sproutes, MA to help with a premiere party at the request of her financial advisor, Travis Turner. Unfortunately, as usual, Hayden finds a dead body. She doesn't even get to spend one relaxing evening in her lovely, decorated for Christmas, B&B room. Wandering downstairs, unable to sleep, she discovers a dead woman on the floor, covered in spilled Wassail. So much for a relaxing trip to Massachusetts!

I like this series! The background theme of chocolate and baking doesn't overpower the mystery plots. In this newest addition to the series (book 5), the murder mystery moves along at a nice pace, accented by a Christmas theme this time. There are plenty of suspects and some nice twists. About the only thing I didn't like is a developing love triangle sort of situation. This is such an overused trope in cozy mysteries. Ugh. Not another relationship confusion/love triangle trope! Bleck!

All in all, a nice Christmas and chocolate themed cozy! Made for enjoyable reading! I will definitely continue reading this series. The cover art is colorful and festive. Cozies have the most wonderful covers!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. Warning: May cause chocolate and peppermint cravings! :) **

No comments:

Post a Comment