Tuesday, August 20, 2019

REVIEW: Manga Classics - Sense and Sensibility

Manga Classics: Sense and Sensibility


I have loved the works of Jane Austen ever since I read them for the first time as a young teen. Sense and Sensibility is one of my favorite books! I'm always a bit hesitant to read adaptations for fear of being disappointed. But the artwork in this book caught my eye and I was curious about a manga adaptation of this classic novel. I'm so glad I took a chance and read this book! The art is wonderful! And it is faithful to Austen's book for the most part.

This manga classic reads like most manga...from right to left. It has a couple introductory pages to explain how to read the book properly, so this edition is a great gift for someone new to manga. There is nothing inappropriate for teens in this book, just as in Austen's novel. It is Sense and Sensibility, just presented in a new manner.


Udon Entertainment and Morpheus Studios have published several other manga classics including Jane Eyre, Great Expectations, and the works of Edgar Allan Poe. I'm definitely going to read more in this classics series!

Great book! Faithful to the original! And the art is wonderful!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Udon Entertainment. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment