Friday, December 24, 2021

REVIEW: Suicide Forest

 Suicide Forest
Author: Jeremy Bates


I listened to this audio book months ago, but never wrote a review. Maybe it scared me so bad I just couldn't review it? :) That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

The basics:  A group of friends travel to Japan to climb Mt. Fuji. When their climbing plans fall through, they decide to camp out in Aokigahara Forest instead. The infamous Suicide Forest. Legends state that the spirits of those who kill themselves in the forest are still there. Turns out, camping out in the ancient forest is a very, very bad idea! 

I listened to the audio book version of this story. Narrated by Joe Hempel, the audio is just over 10 hours. Hempel does a great job of voice acting. His performance brought this creepy story to life!

Definitely a creepy tale! The forest below Mt. Fuji looks ancient and beautiful in the photos I've seen....but I would never, ever, ever camp out there over night! Nope, nope, nope. Big large nope. 

Another great creepy story from Jeremy Bates! 


No comments:

Post a Comment