Monday, January 2, 2023

REVIEW: Snuffed Out

 Snuffed Out
Author: Valona Jones


I have to admit that the cover art for this book is what drew me to the story at first. Very engaging and enchanting cover! Once I started reading, the cover took a back seat to the characters, the story and the premise of twin sisters running a candle shop.

The Basics: Sisters Tabby and Sage Winslow have completely different personalities, but together they do a great job running their business, The Book and Candle Shop. Things are going along magically until a problematic customer is found dead. When a clerk at the shop becomes the number one suspect, the twins find themselves doing some amateur sleuthing to save their business. Can they discover the killer's identity before their candle shop business goes up in smoke?

I enjoyed this story. The characters are quirky and the plot kept my interest. I liked the candle/bookstore subplot. It's been done before by others, but still entertaining.

I will definitely read the next book in this series! Can't wait to find out what happens next for the twins!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment