Wednesday, April 3, 2019

REVIEW: This Is Halloween

This is Halloween
James A. Moore

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love Fall, costume parties, candy, caramel apples, pumpkins, black cats......but I especially love scary stories! Ghosts, ghouls and all things that go bump in the night! This story anthology caught my eye as I was trolling Kindle Unlimited looking for something scary to read. The cover art caught my eye immediately....so awesome!

This Is Halloween gathers 10 deliciously creepy and bizarre Halloween tales. From the dangers of trick or treating to the threat of wicked secret traditions, the stories are varied and very creepy. My two favorites are: Harvest Moon...the tale of a small town with a strange annual tradition, and The Walker Place...sometimes the scariest house in town is vacant for a very good reason!

The stories are all well-written. I enjoyed all 10 of them. This anthology was perfect for giving me a bit of Fall fright, even in the off-season. :)

This is the first book by James A. Moore that I have read. I'm definitely going to be reading more by this author. He has a nice long list of published books in horror, sci-fi and fantasty genres including The Haunted Forest Tour, Under the Overtree, and the Serenity Falls series.

No comments:

Post a Comment