Saturday, September 28, 2024

REVIEW: Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen

 Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen
Author: Vicki Delany


Rudolph, New York celebrates Christmas all year long. But December and July are the biggest months. Merry Wilkinson has returned to her hometown and is getting into the holiday spirit and running her business, Mrs. Claus' Treasures. This year, however, someone seems to have it out for Rudolph. A murder followed by strange, dangerous incidents around town threaten to ruin the holiday season. Can Merry discover who the murderous Scrooge is before Christmas is ruined? 

Such a cute start to a Christmas themed cozy mystery series! I love the idea of a town with a holiday theme. I can see how such a town would be a fun tourist destination and great holiday shopping destination. 

I did get a bit tired of a couple side characters who got a bit too preachy about the holiday being for children and putting a damper on gifts or adults wanting to have fun for Christmas. It just got annoying after the third time or so. Not sure why I found it so annoying. Maybe it was just that it seemed so unnecessary? Or, like an interjection of an opinion that I found ridiculous? Not sure....but I have to admit I found it irritating. 

I like the setting for this series. Merry Wilkinson is an intelligent and capable main character. I'm a bit worried a love triangle angle is developing though. That plot angle has been used way too many times in cozies and I'm completely over it. We shall see. Hopefully it doesn't become a big plot point in the books. 

I can't wait to see how the characters develop in this series! 


No comments:

Post a Comment