Sunday, September 29, 2024

REVIEW: Apple Cider Slaying

 Apple Cider Slaying
Author: Julie Anne Lindsey


As soon as the calendar flipped to September, I was ready for Fall themed cozies!And, since I have all 3 books in this series on my TBR bookshelves, I decided to start with this series. 

Winnie Montgomery is helping her Granny save the family orchard. She's doing everything she can to drum up business, and has a business plan written out to add her dream business to the orchard -- a Cider shop! But, when her granny's nemesis dis horribly in the barn and other awful things start happening around Blossom Valley, Winnie starts to worry that they might not be able to save the orchard....... 

This is such an entertaining cozy! I love the background theme of an apple orchard in the fall and holiday season! The side characters (especially the kittens!) are wonderful and add color to the story. The mystery was paced nicely and had plenty of suspects, twists and turns. Winnie does her share of amateur sleuthing, while being lectured by the cute (and available, of course) sheriff. 

I definitely now have a craving for cinnamon apple cider! :) I can't wait to find out what happens next in this series. Moving on to book 2: Pulp Friction!


No comments:

Post a Comment