Thursday, January 15, 2015

Feeling Noobish

I've been away from book reviewing and blogging for so many years now that I'm definitely feeling like I've arrived in a whole new world. Heck, books don't even have to have pages anymore! Ha! Just kidding I've been reading ebooks for years.....but still.....

I have a lot to learn! Not only have my HTML skills gone right out of my head to foreign parts unknown, but there are so many bookish websites out there for me to discover. Today I found BookBub. Now I know, I know....y'all have known about BookBub for a long time. Up until a month or so ago, I didn't have time to pick up a book let alone read it and write a review.  As far as writing is concerned, my own in-progress book sat languishing on my hard drive picking up digital dust bunnies for two years. Now that my life has taken a detour from running a retail business to working from home, I find that the world of reading and writing has done a lot of growing in the past few years!!!

I'm happy and sad at the same time. There are so many awesome ways for authors to get their books in the hands of readers now....that is phenomenal! But at the same time, I'm a sucker for a "real'' paper and ink book. It just isn't the same curling up on the couch in my PJs with a cup of hot cocoa....and my notebook computer. Where is the cat going to sit? I like the feel of a real book in my hands. But, I also like the fact that I can carry an entire library of books and information in my purse with me, without self-financing my chiropractor's new house.

I am going to take a refresher web design class online. Plus, I'm going to keep discovering all the cool places I can go to find books to read and discuss. Got a TBR list going......

It will all work out! :) This change is definitely for the better! Reading more has actually awakened my desire to work on my book. No more digital dust bunnies! :)

On a sad note.....I have misplaced my kindle somewhere in the house. In November we moved an entire retail shop of gaming and hobby supplies home to my house. I have since installed shelving and made a home-office for online sales.....but my poor kindle could be anywhere. I need one of those Clapper things for it. For now....my iphone app and my notebook PC will have to do. But I'm still sad.....  If I absolutely can't find it that might be a good excuse to upgrade and buy a Fire.

This week, I got my online business back up and going after a 2 month hiatus for the move and the holidays. I have money coming back in again! Yay!! The new life path is coming along nicely! Much lower stress levels and I'm all for having more control over my life.  I actually get 8 hours of sleep now.....*gasp*

Found a couple interesting free Ebooks on BookBub tonight. First official reviews coming soon!!

Someday......someone might actually read my blog. On purpose.   Cool beans!!

TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment