Thursday, July 18, 2019

REVIEW: Five Go Adventuring Again

Five Go Adventuring Again
Author: Enid Blyton

The five come together again at the Christmas holidays. Julian, Dick, Anne and George (don't call her Georgina!) and of course Timothy the dog all gather at Kirran Cottage. But not everything is going to be fun and games. Three of the kids need tutoring to improve their grades, so a tutor is hired. Even with lessons taking up some of their time each day, they still manage to find adventure and a mystery to solve! There is a thief sneaking about....and the 5 need to find the culprit!

I can see why this series is such a classic. I kept reading references to the Famous Five stories in books by British authors so decided it was time for me to read the series! I'm glad I did! These are children's stories and a bit dated, but very enjoyable tales! There are 21 books in the series, published from 1942 through 1963. Then there are eight short stories added in 1995. Five Go Adventuring Again is the second book in the series. I still have a lot of reading to do! :)

I think George is my favorite character. She hates to be called Georgina and has a bit of a temper. She absolutely loves her dog, Timothy. And woe to the person that dislikes her dog! :)

I can see why kids have loved these books for decades! I wish I had had such fun adventures in my own childhood!

Moving on to the next book -- Five Run Away Together!




No comments:

Post a Comment