Monday, January 1, 2024

REVIEW: The Dog Across the Lake

 The Dog Across the Lake
Author: Krista Davis


The Paws and Claws series is one of my favorite cozy mystery series! I've been a firm fan of the gang from Wagtail, VA since book one! If Wagtail were a real place, I am sure I would be booking a trip to visit with my fuzzy side-kick GusGus to see the town, meet the people, and hang out with Oma, Holly & Trixie. An entire touristy town that is 100% pet friendly -- we would love it!! 

This time, Holly spots an unfamiliar dog on the other side of the lake. The next day she wakes up to a surprise -- the unknown dog is in her room! Turns out, the wayward pooch belongs to her cousin that she hasn't seen in years. She returns the dog to him...twice. But on the second trip to her cousin's campsite, he and his girlfriend are gone. Inside the tent......a dead body! 

Never a dull moment in Wagtail, eh? 

Loved this newest story! This series never fails to make me smile. I love the animals -- Trixie and Twinkletoes are awesome! All the characters are quirky and fun. The Inn sounds like a great place to stay. The stories are filled with the right mix of humor, background theme, and amateur sleuthing. And, the cover art is colorful, cute and engaging as usual!

Great cozy mystery! Can't wait for the next book in this series!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment