Thursday, July 11, 2019

REVIEW: They Kill

They Kill
Author: Tim Waggoner

Jeffrey Sowell is dead. Or at least he was dead. Now he's mysteriously alive again....a year after the car accident that killed him. A year after his funeral. A strange man named Corliss resurrects Jeffrey and sends him back to the town where he lived, worked, loved. But this time, he returns as an agent of death. Everything he touches crumbles and dies. Corliss soon visits other people in town, creating monsters. People are consumed by their vices.....sex, technology, alcohol.....  Jeffrey's sister Sierra sees the destruction and horror....and her long-dead brother. Can love stop the horror?

Wow....this book has some truly horrific moments. This is not for the faint hearted....from graphic gore to really, really, really (add some more reallys please) icky sex, it's got just about every vice covered. I couldn't stop reading! I had to know how the story ended.....and the ending gave me the cold shivers. I normally steer away from gorefests....but for this story, it worked. There was a purpose to the gore. Awesome story!

This book is definitely not for the kiddos. Pretty adult stuff. It is not traumatizingly graphic, but does have some pretty warped stuff going on (like a woman's vagina that can eat people).

This is the first book by Tim Waggoner that I've read. I'm definitely going to be reading more. This book seriously creeped me out -- loved it! I have to read more by this man!

**I voluntarily read an advance readers copy of this book from Flame Tree Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment