Thursday, October 10, 2024

REVIEW: The Cider Shop Rules

 The Cider Shop Rules
Author: Julie Anne Lindsey


This book is the 3rd and final book in this series. At times publishers make decisions based on book sales before a series ever really gets off the ground....and this series is one that got cut a bit short. However, I enjoyed this final story and the ending was satisfactory for me. I'm not left wondering what happened to this character or that one -- it ended in such a way that I feel glad I read the books but not overly sad that there aren't more. I wish there were more, but I'm happy with 3. 

This time Blossom Valley is being visited by lots of Civil War re-enactors. Tourists in town mean lots more business at the orchard and cider shop. When a well liked local businessman ends up dead and his body discovered in a dramatic way, Winnie finds herself doing a bit of amateur sleuthing again. Much to the chagrin of the local sheriff. 

I enjoyed this book! The addition of a surprise new character really made the story fun to read. The mystery moved along at a nice pace, and there was a nice amount of sleuthing and unexpected developments. 

After completing this series, I will definitely be reading more by this author. I like her writing style and hope her other cozy mysteries have similar fun plots and entertaining characters! 


No comments:

Post a Comment