Saturday, October 12, 2024

REVIEW: Getaway With Murder

 Getaway With Murder
Author: Diane Kelly 


I started reading this series the first time when this first book came out in 2021. Then life got in the way. I since returned to this series and started over. Glad I did! I enjoyed reading book one again and look forward to the other books in the series!

The basics: Misty Murphy is in her 50's and newly divorced. To start her life over, she purchases a lodge in Western NC. Things immediately go wrong -- unexpected building repairs and even a murder. Yikes! But she's a strong woman and starts making friends quickly....and doing more than a bit of amateur sleuthing. 

I can't even imagine going through what Misty did in this first story. She just starts to put her life back together.....and has the first group of guests staying at her lodge....and there's a murder. I would be freaking out!! 

Great story! The mystery moves along at a nice pace. The side characters are entertaining and fit well with Misty. There are plenty of suspects and surprises. I had a great time reading this book! 

I'm very much looking forward to the next books in this series!


No comments:

Post a Comment