Monday, December 11, 2023

REVIEW: 28 Day FAST Start Day-By-Day

 28 Day FAST Start Day-By-Day
Author: Gin Stephens


I've been a book reviewer for both indy and traditional publishers for about 9 years now. I don't often review the self-help, health or diet genre. Just kinda shy away from those, as over the years I have tried so many diet plans. And, none worked. Some made me literally sick. Others I just couldn't follow long term because they were so restrictive, or I just saw no results. I made a pact with myself after my last failed attempt (Keto) -- no more diet books!

In the past, the one lifestyle / eating change that did work for me long term was Intermittent Fasting. I did IF for two years and felt amazing. Then life happened. I was in a bad place in my personal life and IF was just not sustainable for me. 

But I got offered a review copy of Gin Stephens newest book at exactly the right point in my life to revisit IF. I accepted the review copy -- and started reading. 

OMG! The 28 Day FAST Start Day-By-Day is the first book by Gin Stephens I have read. I didn't even recognize her name when I first started reading. I did IF previously using books by Bert Herring. I started reading this new book....and it was like Gin was talking to me. And I believed what she had to say as she backs it up with science and logic. I read a bit in this new book. Then went directly to my library to check out a copy of her previous book: Fast, Feast, Repeat. I went back and forth between my review copy of 28 days and FFR, feeling more and more motivated to jump back in to a fasting / IF lifestyle. 

And, I did it. Right then. Set my type of Fast Start on a Saturday afternoon, and started my 28 days on Sunday. I'm going into the last week of the Fast Start now, and this is amazing! I already feel better. I can see changes in the way I feel, my skin is clearing up, and my weight is going down. I have more than 100 lbs to lose...so this is just a start to the journey. 

But, I can honestly give this book a resounding positive review because I'm actually following the steps and doing the things. 

I have actually messaged with the author several times. She is a genuine, lovely person and knows her stuff. This book is for real. It doesn't make empty promises, and IF is a lot of work. But it's worth it, and makes a huge difference if you put in the work and dedication it requires to fast clean, stick to an eating window, and change your relationship with food. 

The daily reading in this book is wonderful. The real life examples are motivating. And you can even keep a daily journal about your IF FAST start right in your copy of the book. I highly recommend this book for anyone starting an IF journey! Just be aware that you really need to also read Fast, Feast, Repeat as part of this 28 day FAST Start. Buy both books. You will not be sorry!

Love it!! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martins Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment