Saturday, December 9, 2023

REVIEW: Where It All Began

 Where It All Began
Author: Lucy Emblem

I have no idea which author came up with it first. I just know I love prequel novellas that introduce readers to the characters, setting and back story of a series! As a reviewer, I read many of these. And, I enjoy each one. Nothing like a quick jaunt through the basics of a series (especially a cozy mystery series) to make me want to pick up the first book and start reading!!

Even better than a prequel novella for a new to me series is a prequel novella for a new to me series written by an author who is also new to me! Love, love, love! 

And, I'm happy to report I just got to have that experience. 

I read Where It All Began, an intro to Lucy Emblem's Tamsin Kernick Cozy English Mysteries series!

The basics: Tamsin takes a job house sitting for a rather eccentric man, famous for being an arctic explorer. She loves the mountain scenery of the Malvern Hills, the local village, and even the two unruly dogs she is taking care of while their master is off exploring. She helps her two new dog buddies, meets some new friends, and makes some important life decisions.

There are no murders or strange events in this intro novella. It's an introduction to the characters and the setting of the series, and includes some important character development for Tamsin (and the dogs!). 

With only 11 chapters, this is a quick read but it definitely had the desired effect! I want to read this entire series! And, the front cover is so cute!!

I already have book 1 loaded up on my Kindle and ready to go! 

**I got a free copy of this intro novella from a holiday themed BookFunnel Giveaway. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment