Sunday, December 27, 2020

REVIEW: A Christmas Carol (audio)

 A Christmas Carol (audio)
Author: Charles Dickens
Narrator: Tim Curry


A Christmas Carol has been my favorite classic book since I was a child. I have several copies of the book on my shelves, and multiple movie variations. When I saw this reading of the book by Tim Curry listed on Audible, I just had to listen to it! Short of finding a time machine and speeding back through the years to attend a reading by Dickens himself, I cannot think of a better narrator than Tim Curry for this wonderful book about giving and redemption.

The audio is unabridged and runs just a bit over 3.5 hours. Tim Curry gives an awesome performance! I listened through the Christmas holiday, and was thoroughly entertained!

This book remains my favorite. I usually re-read the book every year, but ran out of time this year. I'm not sorry that I had to resort to audio to get my re-visit accomplished by Christmas day this year....in fact, I think I will listen to this performance again and again! 

God Bless us, every one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment