Sunday, December 20, 2020

REVIEW: Dog Eared Delinquent

 Dog Eared Delinquent
Author: Molly Fitz


When Angie Russo's boss, Bethany, hires an annoying slacker to "help" Angie with her workload, it kicks off a chain of events Angie could never have expected. Not only does she discover more about how she gained the ability to talk to her cat, but also knowledge that some people are totally not what they seem.... 

Dog Eared Delinquent is the 4th book in the Pet Whisperer P.I. series. I love Angie as a main character and Octo-Cat is just wonderfully snarky and entertaining. This book took the series for a bit of an unexpected detour....but I enjoyed it. (If you don't like stories that contain magic or paranormal situations, then skip this one. It won't hurt your enjoyment of the series to just jump to the next book.)

There is a lot of investigation in this one -- but no murder. This story goes completely another direction. It was a nice surprise! 

As with most cozies, the plot is not overly complex, but had enough twists and entertaining moments to keep my attention from beginning to end. I didn't a lot of the situations that cropped up for Angie and her feline sidekick this time. 

I listened to the audio book version of this story. Narrated by Ann Richardson, the audio is about 3 hours long. It was an easy, entertaining listen as usual. I like Ann's voice. She reads at a nice pace and does a great job voicing Angie, Octo-Cat and all the other characters. 

All in all, a fun (and very different) addition to the series! 

It appears that I have run out of audio books for this series. I listen to a lot of books these days due to problems with my eye sight. But, I like this series enough to put on my very strong glasses and enlarge the type size on my kindle to read the next book -- The Cat Caper! Can't wait to find out what's coming next for Angie and Octo-cat! 


No comments:

Post a Comment