Friday, December 4, 2020

REVIEW: A Serpent's Tooth

 A Serpent's Tooth
Author: Craig Johnson


Things are going just fine in Absaroka County. It's nearly time for the Homecoming football game. Sheriff Walt Longmire and his friend Henry Standing Bear have been asked to attend the game because their former jersey numbers are being retired. It's a small town fall....until a boy from a nearby Mormon sect wanders onto the scene looking for his mother. She has disappeared. When the case starts getting larger, crossing state lines and becoming much, much more than just a missing person's case, Longmire finds his life and the lives of his deputies are in danger. 

I love this series! It is definitely one of my favorites. I love the setting, the characters, the lore and culture that Johnson weaves into his plots -- I love it all. I loved it so much I even watched the television series (several times in fact) and didn't complain when they deviated from Johnson's characters and plots. It was like getting an extra dose of Longmire on top of the books. This is a series where I have the physical books on my keeper shelf all lined up in a row...matching editions. And I also listen to the audio books through my local library because George Guidall brings the stories and characters to life. 

This story has a lot of character development moments, some bizarre twists and turns, and just plain weirdness. Normally, I might have raised an eyebrow and thought to myself that there is no way that people would actually behave this way or do these things. But.....after 2020.....and the things I have seen and witnessed people doing, saying and believing.....I just embraced the weirdness and went with it. Great story as usual! 

Full stars from me -- I love the Longmire series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment