Saturday, December 12, 2020

REVIEW: Death at a Country Mansion

 Death at a Country Mansion
Author: Louise Innes


Daisy Thorne is a hair stylist. Not typically someone who jumps into murder investigations. But Daisy also has an interest in forensic psychology. Her after work studies actually come in handy when her best friend's mother is found dead in her country home. The deceased was a very flamboyant diva -- a former opera star who definitely made an impression on those around her. But...who wanted her dead??

This first book in the Daisy Thorne mystery series actually caught me by surprise. I expected the usual simple cozy set in an English village, but the plot actually had a lot going on. There were several twists and turns I didn't expect. The mystery moves along at a nice pace. I liked the village and the local characters. Daisy is an intelligent and interesting main character. And the plot had more going on than most cozies. 

Great start to a new series! I will definitely be reading more!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment