Tuesday, July 13, 2021

REVIEW: Dogged to Death

 Dogged to Death
Author:  Laura Scott


My job is pretty high stress at the moment. Reading is my escape, and there are days I just need an entertaining cozy mystery to just let me escape into a story for a few hours. When I read the name of this new cozy series, I had to read it right then. No question. Immediate read required. 

Furry Friends Mysteries. 

Yes. Please. 

And I'm glad I jumped on book 1 of this new series and read it! Very enjoyable story! 

The basics: Ally Winter is a veterinarian. Her life implodes - fiance gone, savings gone, vet clinic gone. All gone.  So she moves back to her hometown, Willow Bluff, WI,  to begin a do-over and to help her grandpa after his hip replacement surgery. Things get worse when Ally finds a local shady attorney dead. Can a down-and-out vet and  a true-crime buff grandpa catch a killer??

Ally and her grandpa are awesome characters! Roxy the dog is also wonderful -- I have a dog named Roxie so the name alone made me smile! The mystery is entertaining and engaging. I like the characters and the side plot. Overall, a very enjoyable cozy mystery. I'm definitely reading more of this series. 

This is the first book by Laura Scott that I've read. I will definitely be reading more by her. Love it when I find a new-to-me author that I enjoy! The front cover is so cute. Cozies have the best covers!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment