Tuesday, May 3, 2022

REVIEW: Claws for Suspicion

 Claws for Suspicion
Author: Deborah Blake


The first thing that caught my attention making me want to read this book is the cover. Pretty fall colors, a black kitty, an idyllic lake.....the skull and crossbones. Definitely cozy style. A small town so peaceful and wonderful....until a dead body pops up. :)Gotta love cozies! Plus, Fall is my favorite time of the year, so I jumped right on this book. 

I somehow missed the second book in this series and didn't realize it until I got a bit into this book. Claws for Suspicion is the third book in the Catskills Pet Rescue series. It didn't harm my enjoyment of the book that I skipped the second book....not really any spoilers and I was easily able to follow the characters and plot. 

The basics: Kari Stuart is settling into her new business - an animal shelter called Serenity Sanctuary. But then her ex husband Charlie shows up, spouting nonsense about she owes him a rather large sum of money from lottery winnings. It gets even worse....Charlie turns up dead and Kari is the #1 suspect, of course. So much for serenity....

Enjoyable story! I'm definitely going to backtrack and read book 2. I like the characters, the setting and an animal shelter being part of the background of the plot. The story moves at a nice pace, and there is plenty of investigation and surprises. There aren't any intricate twists or huge reveals, but it was a fun, entertaining cozy! And the front cover is awesome! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment