Friday, December 30, 2022

REVIEW: The Butcher's Masquerade

 The Butcher's Masquerade
Author: Matt Dinniman


This series has been my gateway into the LitRPG genre. I'm totally hooked. And, since I have now caught up with Matt Dinniman and need to wait for book 6 in this series to come out.....I have lots of adventurous tales saved to my TBR! It will make the wait for more Carl and Princess Donut a little easier to bear. Only a little -- I want to know what happens next!

The Butcher's Masquerade is the 5th book in the Dungeon Crawler Carl series. Sucked into a diabolical and universe-wide reality dungeon crawl when aliens destroyed Earth, Carl and Donut fight their way through level after level, appear on talk shows, and struggle to defeat whatever the game throws their way. This time, all of the Crawlers who remain are being hunted. Hunters pay big bucks to get a chance to bag some players. Some return every season. And, at the end of the level, a huge masquerade party is held for the top 50 surviving Crawlers and all of the remaining hunters. No fighting allowed.....supposedly. What could possibly go wrong?

Everything. As usual.

Wow. That's all I can say. As the final credits finished on my audio book, I just sat and let all the events of this book sink in. So much! The action was great! Carl and his crew come up with some great strategy. I enjoyed every minute of this audio book! The audio book, narrated by Jeff Hayes, is just over 23.5 hours long. Hayes gives another excellent performance! He is rapidly becoming one of my favorite audio book narrators. Always so much fun to listen to him voice these characters!

This series is a nice mix of action, fantasy and humor. I am eagerly awaiting the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment