Friday, December 30, 2022

REVIEW: Vinyl Resting Place

 Vinyl Resting Place
Author: Olivia Blacke


I read cozy mysteries to relax in the evenings after work. I love the humor, the quirky background plots, cute pets, etc. For me, reading purely for entertainment is incredibly relaxing and enjoyable.

When I read the blurb for this first book in the Record Shop Mystery series, I knew I had to read a review copy of this book! A coffeeshop/record store!! OMG! I wish Sip & Spin Records was a real shop!! I would be in there all the time! And I'm glad I jumped at the chance to read this book -- I enjoyed it immensely!

The basics: Juni and her sisters Tansy and Maggie decide to collaborate on a business venture. They open a coffee shop and record store. Things get off to a rocky start when a family member is accused of murder and they put their new shop up as guarantee on the bail bond. Can the sisters do some sleuthing and save not only their uncle, but also their new store?

I love the characters, the premise, the idea of the shop.....I just had fun reading this book! But the book wasn't just fun to read -- the plot was well-written and interesting! The story definitely kept my full attention from start to finish! Sometimes cozies can be a bit heavy on the cute/humor and light on plot. This book was a nice mix of it all -- great plot, humorous and quirky! Loved it!

I can't wait to find out what happens next in this new series!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment