Friday, May 31, 2024

REVIEW: Survival of the Fritters

 Survival of the Fritters
Author: Ginger Bolton


I have a ponderous TBR (to be read) list.Unfortunately some mystery books have been languishing on the  list for years -- including the Deputy Donut Mystery series. I finally decided it was time to start reading this series. Glad I did! 

The basics: Emily Westhill runs a donut shop with her father in law. The shop is named after her cat, Deputy Donut or Dep for short. When a shop regular fails to show up one morning and they discover her dead in her house, Emily finds herself doing some amateur sleuthing. As the case becomes more and more complicated, Emily starts to realize just how dangerous the killer is. Can she discover who murdered her friend before the killer discovers she's on to them? 

I love it when I find a cozy mystery book that actually has a very intriguing mystery at the heart of it. I did not guess the killer before the end. The plot kept my attention from start to finish with several suspects and twists! The side plot regarding the donut shop and Emily's past rounded out the story. Very entertaining read! 

My favorite character? Dep, of course! 

The cover art for this series is wonderful! Very colorful and cute! There are also donut recipes in the back of the book. Unfortunately, I can't have donuts, but the recipes definitely sounded delicious! 

All in all, a nice start for this cozy mystery series! Moving on to book 2! 



No comments:

Post a Comment