Monday, October 26, 2020

REVIEW: Curses are for Cads

 Curses are for Cads
Author: Tamara Berry


I have to admit that I accidentally requested this review book. It's book #3 in the Eleanor Wilde Mystery series. I am usually a book-series-must-be-read-in-order sort of person....so it was a departure for me to jump into a cozy series at book 3. While it did take me awhile to figure out the characters and their history....I did get sucked into the story and the humor pretty easily. And now I can backtrack and start at book 1! 

The basics: Eleanor is a fake medium. She visits clients homes, and puts on a real performance of ridding them of whatever spirits or demons might be plaguing them. For a price. In the end, she justifies her fakery because the client's feel more secure with their homes evil spirts "exorcised' and she has the money she needs to live. Win-Win, right? This time, Eleanor and her boyfriend are asked to visit a castle to search for cursed gold. 

The story definitely kept my attention from start to finish. The plot moved at a nice pace. There was lots of action, humor and twists to keep things moving. I like the characters and the premise. The story is just entertaining and fun! Perfect relaxing cozy read! 

I'm definitely taking the time to go back and read this series starting at book one! This is the first book by Tamara Berry that I've read and I'm definitely looking forward to the next book! 

**I voluntarily read this book from Kensington. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment