Tuesday, October 27, 2020

REVIEW:Bending the Paw

 Bending the Paw
Author: Diane Kelly



Officer Megan Luz and her trusted K-9 partner Brigit are back in the 9th Paw Enforcement mystery! I love this series. Megan is a feisty, intelligent main character....and Brigit is capable and loyal! They are a well matched team! The plots are always entertaining and a nice mix of background story, investigation and humor. 

This time, Megan and Brigit are called to a bloody crime scene. Despite all the gore and an obvious hint at a murder, there is no body. The duo also investigate some home repair scammers. 

I love the fact that this series doesn't just have the point of view of the main character. Brigit gets to make her opinions and thoughts known, as do the bad guys. I don't usually go for POV flip-flopping, but in this series it really works! This newest book in the series kept my attention from start to finish. The story develops at a nice pace, and there are several side plots woven in as well. Never a dull moment! 

I enjoyed this newest book, and look forward to the next! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment