Saturday, October 24, 2020

REVIEW: Panic Broom

 Panic Broom
Author: Sara Bourgeois


Things are looking up for Brighton Longfield. She's had a lot to contend with since coming to Coventry. But she's confident that things are getting better. Her personal & love life are both coming along nicely, and she's made some great friends. After dealing with a witch feud, murders, a shapeshifter....what else could possibly go wrong?

Zombies. Necromancy. More murder. 

Life in Coventry is definitely never boring! 

Panic Broom is the 5th book in the Wicked Witches of Coventry series. The series is entertaining....a nice mix of cozy mystery, paranormal and humor. I like the characters, the setting and the plots. I needed a lighter series to enjoy, and this fits that perfectly! 

I listened to the audio version of this story. The audio is just shy of 3 hours long -- a nice, quick listen! Rebecca Mitchell does a great job as narrator. All in all, an entertaining listening experience. 

Sadly I have come to the end of the available audio books for this series....so switching over to ebook format. That means no more binge listening. I zipped through the first 5 books in this series within a week. The stories were fun to listen to....so I enjoyed them one after the other during my daily commute and while doing household chores. :) Slowing down now, as I can only read print/ebooks in the evening or on weekends....but that's ok! 

There's also a spin-off series -- The Kitten Familiar Mysteries -- that can be read after reaching book 10 of the Wicked Witches of Coventry series (got the reading order directly from the author on her Facebook group). Can't wait to start that series too! 

I really needed something fun, light and entertaining to read because 2020 is just being a real b. This series definitely fits what I was looking for! 

On to the next book -- Sweep Stakes! 





No comments:

Post a Comment