Saturday, March 6, 2021

REVIEW: The Broken Spine

 The Broken Spine
Author: Dorothy St. James


Trudell Becket is shocked when she hears that the library where she works is going to become a bookless technology center -- digital only. In a panic to save what books she can, she enlists the help of some fellow employees to hide a stash of books in a hidden room in the library's basement. When the man responsible for the change is killed...in the library, no less....Trudell is a suspect. She and her secret bookroom crew have to do some amateur investigating to keep Trudell out of trouble!

I love my local library's digital site....but I would really hate it if the 3 libraries I use suddenly got rid of all their physical books, movies and music offerings!! I can see the benefits....but it would leave so many patrons wanting "real'' books! Not to mention those without a computer or device would be left out in the cold! I silently cheered Trudell as I read about them sneaking books to the basement....and I kinda didn't feel too badly about the guy who got offed. :) Just kidding....but still...he was a bit of a wanker. Taking books to the landfill??? Grrrrr!!!!!!!!!

I liked the characters and setting. The plot moved along at a nice pace and there was plenty of sleuthing and suspects. Very entertaining and fun to read! 

Excellent start to a new cozy series! I'm eagerly awaiting book 2 in the Beloved Bookroom mystery series! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment