Wednesday, November 17, 2021

REVIEW: Deep in the Woods

 Deep in the Woods
Author: Bryan Johnston


I am a huge true crime fan. TV shows, podcasts, books.....always into one story or another. I had never heard of this case -- the kidnapping of George Weyerhaeuser in 1935 -- before I listened to this audiobook. The story is very interesting and definitely kept my attention from start to finish! 

Narrated by Roger Wayne, the audio is just over 8.5 hours. Wayne does a great job of reading. He keeps a nice pace, and his voice is pleasant. He kept the story an entertaining listen. I really enjoyed this book! Johnston definitely did a lot of research into this case and covers it from beginning to end with much detail. This is the first book by Johnston that I've read. I will definitely be reading more! 

I'm not going to say anything about the case to avoid spoilers. There were definitely some events I didn't expect and can only guess at the extreme fear, stress and feelings of helplessness the parents must have experienced! 

**I listened to a review copy of this audiobook from Tantor Audio. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment