Thursday, November 18, 2021

REVIEW: The Restoration

 The Restoration
Author: J.H. Moncrieff


Terri is divorced and sees her latest renovation project as a way to re-bond with her 10-year old daughter. They move into the old, crumbling 3-story brick manor house and immediately things start to go south. There's a reason why all of the prior contractors hired for this project left. The manor house is haunted!

This is the first book by J.H. Moncrieff that I've read. I will definitely be reading more! OMG -- this story is so atmospheric and creepy! And, it doesn't build slowly. Moncrieff whips out the horror immediately and keeps it at creep factor 10 all the way through the 200 pages. Some very creepy horror action....twists.....and lots of suspense! Great story! I love a good haunted house tale! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Flame Tree Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**


No comments:

Post a Comment