Saturday, November 13, 2021

REVIEW: Lightning Down (audio)

 Lightning Down (audiobook)
Author: Tom Clavin


I'm a history junkie and a big Tom Clavin fan. I loved his previous books on Wild Bill, Tombstone and Dodge City. So when I saw this WW II book pop up for review, I knew I needed to read this as well. What a story! I couldn't stop reading!

Lightning Down tells the story of Joe Moser. Moser was 22-years old when he bailed out of his airplane over France in WW II. He was captured by the Germans and sent to a concentration camp. Buchenwald....a notorious death camp. He was one of 170 airman imprisoned there. It was a fight for survival as conditions were incredibly horrific.

OMG -- this book is so good! Once I got sucked into the story of everything this man went through, I couldn't stop reading! I can't even imagine what he and the others at Buchenwald went through. And how so many did not make it out again.

I listened to the audiobook version of this newest book (as well as reading in my digital review copy). Narrated by George Newbern, the audio is just short of 8.5 hours long. Newbern does a great job of reading. His voice is pleasant and he reads at a nice pace. Very enjoyable listen! 

Another awesome book from Tom Clavin! I can tell his books are just going to be must-reads for me from here on out! I read early ARCs for review and then buy the audio book afterwards for every single one. Keep 'em comin, Tom!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martins Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment