Friday, February 25, 2022

REVIEW: Circus of Wonders

 Circus of Wonders
Author: Elizabeth Macneal


I enjoyed Elizabeth Macneal's debut novel, The Doll Factory. When I read the blurb for this new book, I knew immediately that I just had to read it!  

Nell is 19. She's different...birthmarks cover her body, making her a focal point for local villagers' jeers and superstitions. Then the Circus of Wonders comes to town and Nell is sold by her father to the circus. As her fame grows, her life takes a path she never could have imagined.

This story is just a whirlwind of emotion -- both sadness and elation. At times it was hard to keep reading because Nell went through so much....but I just couldn't put the book down. The story is engaging and very emotional. Loved it! 

I can't wait to see what this talented author comes up with next! I'm definitely eagerly awaiting her next book!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Atria books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment