Wednesday, February 23, 2022

REVIEW: Long Overdue at the Lakeside Library

 Long Overdue at the Lakeside Library
Author: Holly Danvers


Rain Wilmot just wants to coast through winter in Wisconsin working at the Lofty Pines library. Local winter festivities like the annual ice fishing tourney and chili cookoff are ruined though when a local is found dead in his ice shanty. Rain goes fishing for clues to catch a killer and prevent the wrong man from being arrested.

I loved this winter themed cozy! I wish the Lofty Pines library was a real place -- the idea of a log cabin library just sounds so cozy, relaxing and inviting!!! I grew up in the Midwest, but have lived in NC for 20 years, so the winter theme was enjoyable as well. Haven't gone through a "real'' winter in a long, long time. Here in NC they call off school for any amount of snow -- two flakes....no school. It snows once or twice per season and then only a small amount. And it hardly ever gets below 20 degrees. I kinda miss those "real'' winters sometimes....this book made me feel nostalgic for snow measured in feet, ice creeping in the back door, and being snowed in. :) 

I enjoy this series. The setting is fun. The characters are hometown-y and engaging. And, there is plenty of amateur sleuthing....plus....log cabin library! :) 

I'm definitely onboard for the next book! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment