Saturday, May 20, 2023

REVIEW: How the Murder Crumbles

 How the Murder Crumbles
Author: Debra Sennefelder


Owning a cookie shop is a sweet and fun career with little stress, right? 

Wrong. 

Mallory Monroe loves baking and cookies are her specialty. Her shop is wonderful and located in just the right town. Things should be hunky-dory, but.....    Mallory has employee problems, and a pesky food blogger accuses her of recipe theft. Things only get worse when Mallory finds herself the top suspect in a murder investigation. Can she catch the killer, clear her name, and whip up some wonderful cookies in time to save her business and reputation? 

I really enjoyed this book! While I did read one of  this author's books back in 2018, so much has happened between then and now, I really felt like I was reading a new-to-me author. I'm going to backtrack and re-read the series I started five years ago while waiting for the 2nd book in this series! 

The mystery moved along at a nice pace, with some surprises and a nice mix of humor thrown in with the mystery plot. There were plenty of suspects and twists. I liked the characters and the side plot of a cookie shop (even if it did make me crave a cookie!).The story kept my attention from start to finish. 

I'm definitely going to keep reading this series. This book was a nice escape for me! Lots of work stress going on right now....and I loved being able to just lose myself in an entertaining mystery for a few hours.

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment