Saturday, May 20, 2023

REVIEW: Take the Honey and Run

 Take the Honey and Run
Author: Jennie Marts



I love it when I come across a new cozy mystery series that is entertaining, funny and fun to read! I really enjoyed this book!

The basics: Bailey Briggs is a mystery author and busy with her life. But, when her grandmother is injured in a fall, she comes running to help. She doesn't realize this act of love will get her embroiled in a murder mystery with her grandma the prime suspect! 

I knew from the start I would love this book. My grandfather kept bees, so the background theme of this cozy is totally nostalgic for me. Plus, the story is set in Colorado where I live. The story sucked me in from the start. I like the setting, the concept and the characters. Totally loved the grandmother -- warm and friendly with just the right amount of feisty! 

The mystery moves at a nice pace with plenty of investigation, suspects and twists. I like the mix of mystery, humor and beekeeping. All in all, a very entertaining cozy mystery! I will definitely be reading the next book in this series!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment