Sunday, September 10, 2023

REVIEW: Chapter and Curse

 Chapter and Curse
Author: Elizabeth Penney


Molly Kimball and her mother, Nina, move to Cambridge, England to help run the family bookstore. Thomas Marlowe Manuscripts & Folios has been in business for more than 400 years, but Nina's Aunt Violet needs help to keep the business going. Molly & Nina quickly start helping give the shop a better online presence and even schedule a poetry reading by a local famous writer. When a woman is found dead outside the shop right after the poetry reading, they find themselves doing a bit of amateur sleuthing to clear Aunt Violet of suspicion in the murder. 

I enjoyed this book! I love the concept - the idea of a 400 year old family bookstore! Love it! The characters are engaging, and the mystery developed at a nice pace. There were a few surprises I did not expect, and a couple I saw coming. I'm definitely going to continue reading this series. Very enjoyable! 


No comments:

Post a Comment