Saturday, August 27, 2022

REVIEW: The Xyania Project Pt 2

 The Xyania Project Pt 2
Author: J.V. Nolan


The story of a 5-man crew making a trip to Nix, one of Pluto's moons on a mining expedition continues in part 2 of The Xyania Project.

There were several surprises in this second part of the series. Unexpected events and interesting developments definitely kept my attention riveted to this story from start to finish.

As with Part 1, this is a quick read (80 pgs) that focuses mainly on the action of the story with only light character and setting development. But I like the emphasis on the action rather than story fluff. I  want to  know what's happening with the crew and don't care about long descriptions of Nix rocks or crew backgrounds. I did feel like a couple story elements needed some more closure/explanation, but that might be coming in Part 3.

All in all, an enjoyable, simple and quick sci-fi read. I enjoyed having a story where I could just focus on the action and not get bogged down in whether the science itself was sound or worry about being sidetracked by side plots. Sometimes all I want/need is a quick story to enjoy -- and this short, enjoyable space series is giving me just that.

Can't wait to read Part 3 when it becomes available!


No comments:

Post a Comment