Wednesday, August 31, 2022

REVIEW: Getaway with Murder

 Getaway With Murder
Author: Diane Kelly


Every Fall I seem to get on a cozy mystery kick. August and Back-to-School hits and I gravitate to my local library's mystery section and just start devouring every whodunit with a cute front cover. This one stood out immediately. Awesome cover! I read this book in 2021 when it first came out, but I couldn't remember the  killer's identity and book 2 is coming out in October 2022, so it was time to re-read!!

The Basics: Misty Murphy turns 50...gets divorced....and buys an old inn sitting atop a mountain in Northwest NC. The inn needs a lot of work, but she finds a handyman in her price range to things up. Opening weekend the inn is full and everything looks great. Until.....

There is always an until....

Yep -- a murder. One dead yoga instructor and Misty's new business venture might just crumble around her ears. So she starts doing some sleuthing to find the killer. Can she discover who offed the yoga instructor before someone else is killed or her business gets a bad reputation?

Such a fun story! I love the characters and the setting (of course). The chapters even have some thoughts from Misty's cat - Yeti is awesome! :)

Glad I read this cozy. It made me smile the entire time. Nicely paced. Plenty of humor. Fun setting/premise. Great cover art. I will definitely stick with this series! Definitely a nice way to kick off my annual mystery binge!

No comments:

Post a Comment