Campfire Stories Vol. 1 - Things that Go Bump in the Night
Author: William Forgey
I bought this book years ago at a library sale. And, when I moved in 2022, it packed up in a box with other used books I had on hand. It stayed there.
Until a couple months ago.
I found a box in the closet that had been forgotten. Books. Lots of books.
I love creepy ghost stories. The kind you tell around a campfire. The kind that make you leave your tent at 2 am and go sleep in the truck because you are too creeped out to sleep outside. :)
This book had a different set up than I expected.
Forgey includes tips/tricks and basic instructions for scout / camp leaders who are going to entertain campers with spooky tales. As a storyteller myself, I loved his insights and wisdom. It added some fun to reading the stories.
The tales aren't all spooky...some are more mysteries or interesting. None are age inappropriate for scouts or middle school age campers.
Or, an adult snuggled up on her couch with the dog and a cup of tea.
Fun book!
This one may be out of print. I got mine at a library sale.
As a physician, Forgey also writes Wilderness Survival and Medicine handbooks. Very cool!

No comments:
Post a Comment