Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Podcast Spotlight! Levar Burton Reads



When I started this blog, I called it My Interdimensional Chaos because I enjoy so many diverse things that I didn't want it to get bogged down into one subject....if the title implies chaos then I could flit to whatever topic I wanted. But, alas, it did get bogged down into one thing over time.....book reviews.

So before I have to revoke my license for chaos, I've decided to branch out a bit.

Let's talk about Podcasts!

I love them!

My phone gets used more for listening to audio than for phone calls or web surfing. I'm always listening to podcasts. I listen while I'm driving, doing housework, before bed.....great entertainment! There are so many topics available! I started out with Old Time Radio, then horror, history, book discussions, true crime....there is a podcast for everything! Even how to clean your house properly (my husband probably thinks I need that one...ha ha)

I have a few favorites, so each week I'm going to feature a different podcast. I'm always on the lookout for new things to listen to, so if you have a favorite, always feel free to comment or message!

My first Podcast Spotlight is Levar Burton Reads.

How many remember this?




Levar Burton read to my son all the time! He loved that show! I recorded episodes to VCR tape so that there was always a story from Levar before bed. :)

I was SO excited when I found out he had a podcast -- reading short stories for adults! YAY!! Talk about instant download.....I subscribed to the podcast at the speed of sound almost. :)

Listen to some of the episodes here: https://art19.com/shows/levar-burton-reads
It's also available in all the usual places: Stitcher, Apple Podcast, iTunes, etc etc.

Each week Levar reads a piece of short fiction (chosen from a variety of genres).  It's just like Reading Rainbow for adults! The production value is high and the stories are primo! Episodes run about 30-45 minutes, perfect commute length. And it's not filled with long minutes of ads or Patreon begging. The episodes are sponsored....but the ads aren't annoying or intrusive.

Give it a listen! You won't be sorry! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment