Tuesday, August 29, 2017

REVIEW: Assaulted Caramel

Assaulted Caramel
Author: Amanda Flowers

Bailey King lives in New York City, working as assistant chocolatier at JP Chocolates. She learned to love chocolate and making candy from her Amish grandfather. When she receives a phone call that her grandfather is very ill, she drops everything and rushes to Ohio. When she arrives, she discovers her Daadi is not only having health problems but he's also being pressured to sell his candy shop to a local developer, Tyson Colton. Several other Amish business owners have been pressured by Colton as well. Bailey is so upset that night she can't sleep. She wanders down to the candy shop from her grandparents upstairs living quarters, only to discover something horrific -- Tyson Colton's dead body bleeding all over the store's kitchen floor. Immediately Bailey finds herself the main suspect in the murder. How can she prove her innocence, make candies for a local wedding, and make it back to NYC in time to find out about an important job promotion?

I loved this book! It is hands-down the best cozy I've read in a long time! The setting and characters are interesting and engaging (except for one annoying woman I wanted to throttle....but I was supposed to hate her. ha ha). The mystery was well-paced, exciting and had plenty of suspects and surprises. I was reading an advanced readers copy on my phone.....I stayed up til 2 am to finish it, reading in bed. I felt like a kid again reading under my covers with a flashlight. :)

I am not surprised at all that I loved this book. Amanda Flower never disappoints me. I enjoy her Magical Bookshop series too! She also writes the Living History Museum mystery series and the India Hayes series. Assaulted Caramel is the first book in the new Amish Candy Shop cozy series. A second book in this series, Lethal Licorice, will be coming out in February 2018. For more information on the author and her books: check out her website at http://www.amandaflower.com/

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. Opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment