Thursday, September 7, 2017

REVIEW: Grave Errors

Grave Errors
Author: Carol J. Perry

To extend the Halloween season just a bit in Salem, Lee Barrett's television production class decides to do a feature on Dia De Los Muertos. As they plan cemetery visits and interviews, Lee discovers one of her students has ulterior motives for taking her class. Dorothy wants to learn about investigative reporting so she can start looking for her sister's killer. Her sister Emily supposedly died of an overdose, but Dorothy knows it was murder. Lee and her boyfriend, Pete, discover links between Emily's death and another unsolved case. And Lee starts having visions about the murder. Can they discover who killed Emily and why?

Grave Errors is the fifth book in the Witch City Mystery series. I love how the characters are developing as the series progresses. I do wish that Lee would just embrace her gift of scrying instead of always freaking out about it. The story moves a little slower in this book than previous ones, but once it got rolling, I was hooked. There were plenty of twists and suspects to keep me guessing. This cozy definitely got me thinking about fall and Halloween. :) I'm ready for the season change!

I enjoy this series. Lee is a good main character and I like how she has developed since the first book. Her boyfriend, Pete, is a good match for her. They definitely investigate well together. Lee's aunt as usual is a top-notch researcher. Her students even pitch in and help out. All in all, I really enjoy this series. I keep coming back for more every time a new book comes out!

The cover art, as usual, is awesome!!

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment