Thursday, September 21, 2017

REVIEW: The Haunting of Rachel Harroway - The Beginning

The Haunting of Rachel Harroway - The Beginning
Author: J. S. Donovan

I love a good ghost story. When I saw the cover for this ebook and read the description, I knew I needed to read it. I'm glad I did! I thoroughly enjoyed this spooky read!

In this short introduction to the Rachel Harroway series, Rachel and her husband Brett move to Highlands, NC and purchase an old Victorian house. The Hadley House, built in the 1890s, has seen better days, but Rachel looks forward to restoring the old home with her husband. After moving in, strange things start happening in the house. Rachel does some research and learns that a family was murdered in the house in the early 1980s. When their ghosts start appearing to her, calling for her to find their killers, Rachel realizes she needs to investigate the murders to keep from losing her mind.

There are some editing errors in this book -- just small ones -- some grammar mistakes and little things that caught my attention, but only for a second or two. The story is much more interesting than nit-picking for minor grammar errors. This story of a haunting isn't anything new.....spirits wanting closure or justice is a pretty standard haunting theme. But, the story is well-written and suspenseful, building to an awesome, exciting ending. The story kept my attention to the very end. So, it doesn't matter that it isn't a new spin on the ghost theme -- it's a well-told story that has me wanting to read more from this author. This prequel to the Rachel Harroway series is a quick read at 123 pages. There are two more books in the series.

J.S. Donovan also writes the kidnapped and EMP series.

No comments:

Post a Comment