Tuesday, January 3, 2023

REVIEW: The Stranded

 The Stranded
Author: Sarah Daniels


Wow! This book was so interesting! I found myself binge reading this one because I wanted to know what happened next! I've read a lot of dystopian stories....and sometimes they feel a bit cookie-cutter when it comes to plot. The premise of this book was different enough that I really got into the story!

The Arcadia used to be a luxury cruise ship. But for 40 years it's been the home of refugees who aren't allowed to step onto the mainland. The POV alternates in this story between a girl struggling for the life she dreams of, a rebel and the villainous captain of the ship. Normally I really don't like POV changes, but for this story it works well. It adds dimension to the plot and expands the characters, rather than creating confusion.

I'm not going to say much about the plot past the basics as I don't want to spoil anything. This story definitely kept my attention from start to finish. I kept finding myself contemplating what living on a ship for years and years would actually be like. I don't think I would like it! And I could definitely see the problems depicted in the book actually happening to people forced to live like that as refugees. Very interesting premise! This is the start of a series. I will definitely be reading more!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Sourcebooks Fire. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment