Sunday, June 18, 2023

REVIEW: Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth 1

 Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth I
Author: Tracy Borman


I am a complete Tudor history junkie. Having read two prior books by Tracy Borman about the Tudors, I knew I had to read this one. I love reading about both of these incredibly strong women whose history still resonates even after nearly 500 years. 

I enjoy Borman's writing. I've read and studied so much on the Tudor era, but I always manage to find something new. And, her books always keep my attention from start to finish. This book doesn't just touch on the major life points for these two women, but brings out details about how their lives and legacies intertwine despite the fact that Anne was executed when Elizabeth was only 2-years old. 

So glad I read this book. I learned a few new things about both these royal women, and the Tudor era. And, I enjoyed Borman's take on the historical drama so many have written about. Anne's life, marriage and execution. Elizabeth's reign as the Virgin Queen. So much history, political drama and power struggles!

I'm definitely going to keep reading books by Tracy Borman. I am never disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment