Friday, June 30, 2023

REVIEW: Dead of Winter

 Dead of Winter
Author: Darcy Coates


Can you imagine being stranded in a tiny isolated cabin with 8 other people. Strangers. A heavy blizzard. You can't leave. No way to escape. And then someone begins killing people. One by one. Gruesomely. And, you have no idea who the murderer is, or why they are doing it. 

Yikes! 

This book kept my full attention from start to finish. Great suspense and several twists definitely kept me at the edge of my seat. 

I love scary stories that involve stranded travelers hunkering down during a blizzard or bad storm. This book was just perfect! I kept trying to imagine what I would do in the same situation. Death if you try to run through the snow to safety somewhere else -- too cold, too far. And, death if you stay where you are. Not good odds! I decided in the end that I would barricade myself into a separate room (if there was one!) with whatever heavy furniture I could move against the door and just wait it out. LOL And, yep, I know in every horror movie the "hide'' defense ploy never works. 

Very enjoyable book. This would make a great movie!! 

I'm definitely in line for whatever Darcy Coates writes next!!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Poisoned Pen Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment