Sunday, June 18, 2023

REVIEW: Scaredy Cat

 Scaredy Cat
Author: Sofie Ryan


Scaredy Cat is the 10th book in the Second Chance Cat mystery series. I've been reading about the adventures of Sarah Greyson and her cat Elvis for a long time! This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series! 

This time around Sarah discovers the body of a deceased ghost hunter while enjoying the spring house tour in town. The Bed & Breakfast is supposedly haunted, but ghosts didn't commit this murder. Sarah is on the case with her sidekicks, the senior sleuths affectionately called Charlotte's Angels. 

I love the mix of mystery, humor and interesting side characters in this series. The combo of all those things is why I keep reading this series! The mystery moved along at a nice pace, there was plenty of sleuthing and cute moments with these characters, and there were plenty of suspects and surprises to keep me engaged from start to finish. I love ghost stories and I enjoy watching ghost hunter shows (despite the fact I'm a complete skeptic), so the plot of this newest book was perfect for me. Love the cover art, too!

I'm definitely going to keep reading this series until the very last book. Always an enjoyable read!! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

 


No comments:

Post a Comment