Monday, June 12, 2023

REVIEW: Honey, Hairballs and Murder

 Honey, Hairballs and Murder
Author: Leanne Leeds


I absolutely love the premise of this new series by Leanna Leeds. A Cat Rescue and Cafe located in a refurbished mansion. A magical silver platter that somehow allows cats to speak with humans. Not to mention murder mysteries to solve! 

Honey, Hairballs and Murder is the second book in the Silver Circle Cat Mysteries series. Ellie Rockwell along with her daughter Evie have opened their cat rescue and cafe inside a mansion they inherited in Tablerock, TX. As they navigate through their grand opening, things seem to be going really well.....until they discover a local shopkeeper dead, leaving his cat as the only witness to his murder. 

I enjoyed this second book in the series. There is some excellent character development for both Ellie and Evie in this story, as well as fleshing out of the side characters.  I love the background plot of the cat rescue and cafe. The mystery moved along at a steady pace, with plenty of investigation, suspects and surprises. All in all, an excellent cozy mystery. I love the front cover art for this series! 

I am definitely eagerly awaiting the next book! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book provided by the author. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment