Sunday, August 27, 2023

REVIEW: It Found Us

 It Found Us
Author: Lindsay Currie


I love middle grade horror books! Every fall, I read as many as I can leading up to Halloween. I previously read Scritch-Scratch and What Lives in the Woods by this author and enjoyed them both. So jumped right on this one! 

First of all, the cover art is awesome! And, the story had all the elements for a creepy, ghostly story!

The Basics: Hazel Wood is always investigating things around town. She has a knack for following clues and getting to the bottom of things. But when her brother's best friend, Everett, goes missing after a game of hide-and-seek in a cemetery, Hazel discovers the whole thing may be tied to something that happened a century in the past. 

A graveyard. Ghosts. A spooky disappearance. Perfect!! 

I loved this story! The tale is spooky,but also age appropriate for middle grade readers. As an adult, the story kept my attention the entire time because I love ghost stories! 

Another great book from Lindsay Currie! I'm definitely looking forward to her next book! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Sourcebooks Kids. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment