Tuesday, June 25, 2019

REVIEW: Left Fur Dead

Left Fur Dead
Author: J.M. Griffin

I talk to my pets. While they listen in their own way, they don't really answer back except in meows and barks. Juliette Bridge talks to her pet as well. The difference is that her pet bunny can answer back....telepathically.

Left Fur Dead is the first book in a new cozy series, the Jules & Bun Mysteries. The title alone was enough to make me want to read the book. The fact her bunny can "talk'' (even if Juliette only hears Bun in her head) made me smile before I even read the first chapter. This book is a cute, fun, totally entertaining light mystery. There are many, many pet/small animal themed cozies....but usually the pets are cats and dogs. This is the first cozy I've read where the pet is a bunny. Not just any old lop eared, nose-twitching bunny....but a telepathic, sleuthing sidekick bunny!

The basics: Juliette and Bun are on their morning walk, just a short hop from Fur Bridge Farm. Bun spots something in the lake, so they investigate. Unfortunately, it's a body. A local performer...a mime...is floating dead in the lake. But who would want to kill Arty the Mime? Bun and Jules are on the case!

The mystery progresses at a nice pace. There are plenty of suspects and twists. Juliette and Bun are an entertaining pair of amateur sleuths. I enjoyed the background theme of a bunny rescue. The side characters are all quirky and fun. The story is a nice mix of mystery, humor and cute bunnies. All in all, a very entertaining cozy mystery. I will definitely be reading more! Can't wait for the next book!

**I voluntarily read an advance readers copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment